Join Our Team:
If interested please send a resume, cover letter, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org, thank you!
We have opportunities during the 2017-2018 school year for both short and long term substitutes in both licensed and paraprofessional positions.
Full Time Positions
Special Education Paraprofessional
CHOICE Technical Academy seeks an energetic and self-motivated Special Education Paraprofessional who will support school operations beginning the 2018-2019 school year.
- Works with individual students or small groups of students to maximize learning
- Assists the certified staff in devising special strategies for reinforcing learning based on an understanding of individual students, their needs, interests, and abilities
- Performs clerical and instructional duties as assigned by the certified staff
- Alerts the certified staff to any problem or special information about an individual student
- Performs assigned supervision of students during lunch periods and on field trips
- Demonstrates ethical behavior and confidentiality of information about students in school environment and community.
- Participates in in-service training programs as approved.
- Maintains safe working environment and encourages colleagues to be safety minded in the performance of all school-related duties.
- Performs other such duties / assignments as directed by the certified staff.
- Assists as directed by certified staff in the effort to successfully maintain students with special needs in an integrated setting, as determined by the IEP / Title 1 Team(s)
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
AA Degree, AS Degree, 2 years of Post-Secondary Education (60 semester credits) or a passing score on the Paraprofessional Assessment Test.
CHOICE Technical Academy is a third year charter school in Owatonna, MN. The school is teacher-led and operates under a project-based model. We are inviting licensed teachers to apply for a unique opportunity to reach students on a more personal level, working one-on-one with students as an "advisor" rather than lecturing in front of a classroom. Advising at CHOICE will be a truly life-changing experience. You will coach a small group of (15-20) students in grades 7-12 on projects created based on their passions and goals. Advisors are expected to create quality relationships with students and families as well as create an environment where safe and supportive peer relationships blossom. Advisors also serve on the leadership team of the school and take on tasks to manage day-to-day operations. Candidates will also have the opportunity to work during the summer to help CHOICE be successful. This position is for the 2018-2019 school year.
- MN teaching license in any area (preferred Science or English) or ability to qualify for an alternative license (MN License given priority)
- Desire and ability to innovatively instruct 7-12 grade students
- Belief in personalized project-based learning
- Ability to serve on our leadership team
- Student-centered philosophy of education
Contracted Service Opportunity:
Do you have a skill you would like to teach our students? We are interested in opportunities to contract with qualified instructors to lead music, arts, and fitness experiences. If interested email email@example.com.